swang's photos More of swang's photos

www.flickr.com

Friday, April 14, 2006

Sad Loss...

Found out yesterday that my dad's dog Jessie has to be put down as she was very old and had lung complications and have pretty much gotten blind over the past few months... :(

The vet said that her time was almost up so Dad decided it was best for her to be put down yesterday. Jessie has been a faithful companion to my dad, and we have had her since she was 6 months old. I've always wanted a dog since I was a little boy, however Mum was not very keen, and we even had a short stint in Singapore with a dog, but had to give it back as it didn't work out. I remember as a child, my dad and I went out for a walk in our local neighbourhood in Singapore, and we found an abandoned dog at a building site, so we took it home, but had to take it back after Mum refused to let us keep it... I remember wailing and crying my eyes out when we had to take the dog back.

Anyways, Jessie entered our lives when one of Dad's collegues at the furniture place he was working as had to move, and the new place he was renting did not allow pets so he took Jessie to work to see if anyone would be happy to take her, so my Dad took her home. Even though I was at Uni then, I was quite happy to finally have a dog, even though I was quite busy, so I told Dad that it'll pretty much be his dog.

We have fond memories of Jessie as a young dog, and as she was a Kelpie/Cattle Dog cross, she had heaps of energy, so much so she would chase down every ball, every frisbee and even hopped gates to get out of where we confined her. She'll be sorely missed, especially by my dad, and even though I'm not as close to her as my dad, I know how sad my dad feels right now as now that we have Max, I can imagine what loss we would feel when his time is up...

Dogs are such great companions, and more loyal and loving than alot of people, and are such great fun when they are puppies... "A puppy is but a dog, plus high spirits, and minus common sense." - Agnes Repplier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home