swang's photos More of swang's photos

www.flickr.com

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Remember the time...

No, I'm not recalling the song by Michael Jackson with the cool music video with Magic Johnson in it... Was just getting back into the swing of blogging, and decided to re-read my first post back in December 2004... Yes, I started to blog almost 5 years ago, with a long hiatus since about 3 years ago...

Anyhoo... re-read it from the start through to the time when my Hannah was born, and was amazed at what I blogged about, and what I thought at the time. Nothing much has changed in me I think, but I'm wiser and less idealistic perhaps... but glad I did blog about things as it is was somewhat of a journal for me to recount and relive some of life's great experiences, and especially with the arrival of Hannah, what we went through in her first year... which is good to recount as we have another on the way...

It was an outlet for me, as well as a journal of my life, my faith and my goals and ideals for life... and in a similar fashion, when life got a bit much, and the stresses and strains of work and personal life got the better of me, I stopped blogging, and lost my passion for it and other things I used to get excited about.

Only through the past 6 months of experiencing what I thought was the worst time of my life, then through God's grace, I picked up the pieces and got back up on my bike and decided to keep at it, I think I have re-found my passion and created new goals and ideals that I am fired up about and will work towards these in the next year or so... :D There is more to come, and I'm looking forward to journalling these regularly in this archaic fashion (yeah... blogging is so 2004 man...) so that in the future I can look back at these and relive, recount and re-assess where I got to as a person. This is not done as the new medium for public consumption per se or for self-edification, but for myself as a means for inflection, self-examination and learning more about myself and my past...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home