swang's photos More of swang's photos

www.flickr.com

Saturday, May 20, 2006

My V8 Supercar Experience... Vrrrooooomm!

My wifey got me some hot laps at the AHG Driver Training Centre in a V8 Supercar for Christmas last year, and I was all rev'ed up (heheh) to get driven around the track by an expert in a V8 Supercar... woohoo!

I showed up at the AHG Driver Training Centre this morning and it turns out they didn't have my booking even though they sent me a confirmtion email months ago. Good thing I had the email and when I showed them, they slotted me in the 8am session anyways... The guy asked me how many laps, so I didn't really want to lie so I said 2 which the wifey got me... so I suited up and they had a presentation about safety... driving techniques... hrrrmmm... sounded like they were expecting me to drive... wha? Turns out they thought I was booked in for 2 laps driving so I had a bonus!


V8 Supercar Experience
Originally uploaded by gnawmas.
I took out the race ready Holden Commodore V8 for an awesome drive around the track, with the instructor screaming in my ear wanting me to push it harder, and was guiding me around the track about where to brake, where the racing lines were etc. etc... and I did alright seeing I haven't driven a manual since I sold the MX5 11 months ago... *heheh*

My sister in law's boyfriend Colly came along to watch and take pics and Nick came along too (even though I think he just wanted to take pictures using his new camera...) so if you click *here* if you want to see the entire photoset he uploaded to Flickr... (thanks for the awesome shots dude...).

Thanks also to Colly for taking more shots on my camera, (mostly my racer-boy poser shots...) and also videos of my run around the track. I also purchased the in-car video which includes audio of the instructor telling me how to drive like a race car driver, and when the videos are uploaded, try and catch the bit where he goes... "Left... go left here... Left! LEFT! No your *other* LEFT!" ;)

Thanks so much wifey for getting me this awesome experience and the guys for coming along to share the experience watching me drive a beast of a race car around the track like a grandmother... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home