swang's photos More of swang's photos

www.flickr.com

Friday, June 10, 2005

Life changes and blessings

It's been a long time since my last post, and I mean looooong.... 4 months and 2 days to be exact...

I haven't blogged about a certain few significant life changing events like my lovely wife expecting our first child and it's due next week! It's been an interesting journey over the last 9 months and the next 20 years will be another chapter in our lives when the little one arrives.

Everyone around us have been so supportive, esp our family and friends, and we know that the little one will have an extended group of people who will help love and guide *it* (not giving away if it's a boy or girl as some people don't really want to know until the birth). :)

We are truly blessed and praise God in this matter!

Also work has been great with regards to the arrival of bub, however "clouded the future is" as Yoda might put it. So I've been praying about this matter and God seems to be opening a few doors for me, however nothing concrete yet, just leaving it to God and His plan for my career.

Just to share, a few years back I had 2 job offers on the table and it was during a stressful time in my life when my mum was going through breast cancer (praise God she got through it and survived) . It was between Andersen Business Consulting and a web development company called Dow Digital. Only after the decision to join Andersen and starting work there that I realised that I might have made the wrong decision as it was not what I had expected, due to the work conditions and type of work. However in hindsight, my stint at Andersen had thought me the value of the "business" side of things, and not just the focus on technology itself, and the other company Dow Digital went bankrupt a year later... So I guess God had His plan for me all along, so I just have to surrender and trust.

Incidentally, it's my last day of work today prior to my leave for the arrival of the baby... w00t! 2 weeks off for a some time alone together with wifey before bub arrives, then it's sleepless nights, dirty nappies, stress, and most of all JOY in the arrival of the little one.

Can't wait... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home