swang's photos More of swang's photos

www.flickr.com

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Happy Birthday Dude!


Darth Vadar Cake
Originally uploaded by swang.
It's Nick's birthday today, yay! Happy Birthday Dude! And many happy returns, I pray that God will continue to bless you richly and use you mightily in His good work, man! :)

We went round to his folks place for cake, which was very nice of them to invite us, and we packed the Cheeky Chicky (my new pet name for hannah) and the wifey in the car and headed off there. We made a few detours trying to find a cake place and both the Jean Claude Pattisaries in Subi and Wembly were shut so we went to Herdies Market to the Bakehouse there to pick up a cake to take along.

Nick's birthday cake was baked by his sister Tanya, and she bakes the most awesome cakes! He got a Darth Vadar cake (see pic) and it was the yummiest chocolate cake! Incidentally we set him (Vadar) alight for birthday rituals, but wasn't he burnt first before he had to wear the big black heavy suit and mask? :P

Nick was hassling me about my birthday pressie as wifey has already gotten it and I know it's arrive as the cleaner called me up at work when it arrived to tell me to let wifey know that it got here... Heheh... wifey not impressed with the leak of information, but I'm still none the wiser about the contents of that package. Even Nick and his wifey knows about it, so I must just put it out of my mind and not think about it for the next 2 weeks... Which is going to be hard! :)

Nick's pressie was a Sony PSP which we all chipped in for, and the consolation to my birthday pressie mystery is that he'll have to wait until the 1st of September before he can get his PSP as that is the official Australian release date. :) But at least he knows what he's getting... *grumble*

1 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger ntt said...

Hey dude, thanks for coming along yesterday!
And thanks for the gift!
You forget that Vader was also burnt on a funeral pyre after his death... so the candle thing is all good.

PS. email me the rest of the pics please?

PPS. i'm not telling you what your gift is. even after you get it I will strenuously deny that it is what it is. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home