swang's photos More of swang's photos

www.flickr.com

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Back to the daily grind


Max lazing in the sun
Originally uploaded by swang.
Well, I knew it was too good to last but I'm heading back to work tomorrow. Been dreading this for the last few days as I've been settling into the routine of being a new parent, and now I have to head back to work. I mean it's part of what life is about, and also my role as a parent to make an income to help support my family, however it's still pretty heart-wrenching the prospect of being away from home for those 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. *sigh*

Been a lovely day today, the weather was great, and I even managed to bathe Max. Max takes a bit more effort to bathe than Hannah, although he was quite good and just stood there for the duration of the bath. Only time he struggled as usual is when I try and put that ear stuff in his ear, then he puts up a huge fight. Otherwise he's been quite a good dog, and has been quite placid and chilling in the sun as seen in the pic.

The last 2 weeks have been amazing experience wise and spending time at home with wifey, Hannah and Max just makes it that much harder to face the prospect of going to work tomorrow morning. It's times like this that I wished that I won Lotto, not for the cool stuff that I can buy, but rather that I can spend time at home with the girls and Max.

I'm sure once I get back into the swing of things at work, it'll become part of my daily life, and it'll make me more focused to get stuff done at work such that I can leave on time so I can rush home to see the girls. Oh well, we'll see how bad a case of Monday-itis I get tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home