swang's photos More of swang's photos

www.flickr.com

Monday, July 04, 2005

Old Times


Baby Hands Free Kit! :)
Originally uploaded by swang.
Had some spare time at work today whilst waiting for the servers to get upgraded with latest service packs etc. so since I didn't have internet access on the client site, I decided to read my old personal emails from way back.

The prodominant emails that I was reading was between my best mate Nick and I around the time when I first got married. He was working around the corner from where we were staying at the time so he was parking his car in our driveway so we got to see him quite a bit during that time. He was still unmarried at the time, but was engaged already and our conversations covered a wide range of topics, but scattered through them were the topics of being newly married or soon to be married.

Mostly it was just amusing useless banter where I was disillusioned with work and was in the process of starting my own company, and Nick trying to get motivated at his work with learning new stuff cos the current stuff was quite boring. Loads of car-related stuff and amusing musings about my dirty pool and dramas with tracking a package which contained a much coveted cold air intake for Nick's car.

Most memorable was when I replaced all the heater hoses in the MX5 with Nick, and we went for a spirited drive around the area which included some unplanned sideways action and eventually mounting the curb sideways with all 4 wheels! :)

Funny how I remember those conversations and events clearly in my mind even though it was more than 3 years ago, and it was interesting to see how both our views of marriage and parenthood seem to be unchanged even though we've matured in our marriages. We're both optimists in our view of marriage as illustrated from the results of the pre-marriage counselling session called 'Prepare', but it's good to see how far we've come over the years.

Incidentally the email reading was prompted from the lack of convo with Nick as he and his wife is on the last leg of their 4 month long epic journey around the world, finishing in Europe and is currently on a plane back to Perth as I type this. And now that the travel bug is out of your system guys, and according to the Wang timetable of procreation, it is now time to 'Go forth and multiply!' :)

1 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger ntt said...

ROFL!

Good times, man. Good times. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home